Prestige Inhome Care specialises in providing dedicated Registered Nurses and professional carers committed to helping people stay in their own home and live as happily and normally as they can. We strive to provide the highest possible standard of care: professional, reliable and all with a friendly smile.
We all hear talk of “going green”, being “environmentally friendly” and focusing on “sustainability”.
But what do all these things mean?
Different people, cultures, industries and businesses often have different views and approaches when it comes to these global issues.
At Prestige Inhome Care we acknowledge the severity of these issues and the importance of taking action to do what we can to address them.
While we focus on the word “sustainability” we take this to encompass all “environmental” or “green” issues.
Sustainability can be defined as the ability or capacity of something to be maintained or to sustain itself. It’s about taking what we need to live now, without jeopardising the ability of future generations to meet their needs.
Nowhere is this more important than in business, and we have both the opportunity and the obligation to do everything we can to strive for a sustainable organisation.
While sustainability is a key focus in all of our business activities, some of the projects we are currently committed to are:
- ISO9001:2008 accreditation
- Vic 1000 Bayside Sustainable Business Management Program
- Choosing environmentally conscious business partners to reduce the life-cycle impacts of our operations and services
- Adherence to comprehensive, environmentally friendly policy and procedures
- Regular sustainability audits
- Adhering to efficient practices in relation to energy usage in the office environment, commuting and the use of vehicles
- Maintaining an efficient waste management and recycling program
- Minimising the use of water
To ensure our commitment to sustainability at all levels of the organisation, we believe it’s essential to train and support staff in this complex area. As such, we undertake regular training and professional development to enable staff to work within our sustainability framework. This fosters an environmentally responsible culture throughout Prestige and helps us achieve our desired outcomes.
Prestige has also offset all the carbon emissions our business generates through travel and energy usage.